Product Rocket has helped many clients audit their product management practices
NiB, SAGE & more X Product Rocket 2020
Various length engagements | Consultant: Various
Many times, the first engagement we have with a product team is to review/audit their current ways of working. This could be for many reasons including but not limited too:
- Wanting to improve Agile methods & product management maturity
- Looking for opportunities to make a good team better
- Ensure best practices were communicated throughout the organisation
- Implementing a culture of X*
Assess and suggest improvements – immediate maturity of product operations
Reports on development strategy. Design, Team Structure, WoW and Operating Rhythm
Propose key areas of improvement, current gaps and suggest an approach on how.
What Product Audits look like
Key areas of focus for assessment and audit:
- Consistency, maturity, understanding and conviction in product approach and practices.
- Need to demonstrate ‘Proof of Concept’ best practice to prove the benefits to the organisation.
- Vision, strategy and deployment alignment.
- Operational planning and execution processes to support vision, strategy and technical development.
- Resourcing, capacity – Roles & Responsibilities.
Immersion and Observation
We’ll get in the trenches with you, develop a deep knowledge of how the business operates today, the drivers for improvement and build a picture of where the biggest gaps and opportunities lie.
- 1:1’s with team members and stakeholders
- Observation, shadowing & participation in day-to day
- Onboarding (company, operational & strategic overview)
Assessment and Reporting
We’ll get the biggest problems out on the table, sort through them and then find and commit to a plan to realise impactful improvement quickly.
- Present Findings & Recommendations
- Co-Develop and present an audit + plan
AIMS AND EXPECTED OUTCOMES
- Assess the overall maturity of Product Management practices
- Identify and prioritise the most critical areas for improvement
- Propose quick wins that can be implemented directly by the team
- Assist the business to develop and commit to a vision and strategy for the shift to product-focused operations
- Develop a plan/roadmap for broader integration of best practice
- Improved Product Management skills, methodologies & frameworks in teams
- Identify organisational pain points limiting team efficiency and autonomy: communication, workflows, roles and responsibilities etc.
- Implement best practice product processes such as discovery, roadmapping, prioritisation, planning, measurement and assessment in 1 or multiple teams.
- Develop a concrete action plan with short-term quick wins and longer-term optimisation for team structure, operations and expansion.
- Develop and commit to vision & strategy awareness and understanding.
Why Product Rocket is the best partner for Audits
We have developed our own assessment methodologies resulting in a deep and accurate analysis of the state of practices of the company. As a result we provide high quality documentation ad-hoc with a positive, realistic and easy to implement action plan.
We've helped the best to level up
We helped and advised companies like HCF, Resmed, Qantas & James Hardie gaining product maturity and competitiveness in the creation, design and development of their digital products. They have entrusted their audit and re-organisation to us.
We work across functions
We have conducted several audits of Product Management practices in multidisciplinary teams, allowing our clients to identify, understand and find effective solutions to fix the most impacting pain points.
Contact Product Rocket for an Audit today
Drop Us a Line
Get in touch for a no-obligation discussion about how Product Rocket could work with your organization.